Pom Pom Bookmarks
Yarn or bakers twine
1. Wrap the yarn around your fingers, the more fingers you use, the larger the pompom will be (50 - 100 times)
2. When you have a good bulk on your wrapping stop but do not cut the string. Using the tail and the string still connected to the ball, tie tightly around the middle of the wad, slipping it off your fingers as you work. Be sure to get it nice and tight.
3. Measure out a length on the attached string that is about as long as you want the bookmark and then add a little bit and start wrapping again, trying to get the same bulk as the first one.
4. Tie off as you did with the first pompom and then cut through the loops (but not the connecting string!).
5. Lightly roll the pompoms in your hand to round them then trim away any excess to create a nice ball shape. Slip the connecting string between the pages of your favorite book and you are set!
click here for more great craft ideas